Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters, one of the nation’s oldest mentoring organizations, transforms lives through friendship. We introduce children to adult mentors, and we match adults who have disabilities to new friends.
In this way, we seek to support and empower individuals and families to engage, to participate actively in the life of their communities, to live inspired and to inspire others.
JBBBS is currently seeking a passionate Caseworker for our Programs serving Adults with Disabilities, who will provide match support, screening of new potential clients and volunteers, conduct match meetings, facilitate and supervise two monthly activity groups.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Possess great communication and listening skills
- Be action and goal oriented
- Demonstrate excellent time-management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Hold strong leadership and decision making skills
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Be attentive to details
- Have the ability to independently organize and follow through on multiple tasks and deadlines
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be passionate about working and supporting the community
Examples of Duties (a full description of Job Duties can be supplied upon request or initial interview):
- Conduct, track and record regular contact with pending, waiting and matched clients and volunteers according to the program supervision schedule
- Supervision of assigned caseload/matches includes support, problem-solving, help to navigate match and program, and providing information and referrals
- Interview and prepare detailed case summaries of prospective volunteers and clients and recommend appropriateness to participate in program
- Run two activity groups per month, which occur on Wednesdayevenings, including implementation of details related to monthly programs, notification of participants and provision of on-site supervision. Complete match dictation following each event
- Assist in planning, managing and staffing agency and inter-agency events.
- Support Engagement team’s efforts to recruit new volunteers, including representing our programs at community events and information sessions.
- Assist in development and implementation of volunteer training
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor or JBBBS President/CEO
Employment Standards, Qualifications, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field plus 1-2 years’ experience working with people who have disabilities
- Must be a licensed driver with a car and be willing to work 4 evenings per month.
- Ability to work effectively with groups; strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable interfacing with all levels of staff and outside constituents
- Proficient with Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite
- Client and volunteer confidentiality
JBBBS offers a dynamic working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that include health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and generous paid time off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. A more detailed description can be provided upon request or initial interview. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters (JBBBS) believes and practices in Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Send cover letter and resume, via email, to Director, Programs for Adults with Disabilities – subject line “Caseworker” – at F2F@jbbbs.org.