Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters, one of the nation’s oldest mentoring organizations, transforms lives through friendship. We introduce children to adult mentors, and we match adults who have disabilities to new friends.
In this way, we seek to support and empower individuals and families to engage, to participate actively in the life of their communities, to live inspired and to inspire others.
JBBBS is currently seeking a passionate Caseworker for our programs for adults with disabilities (Friend 2 Friend) who will provide match support, screening of new potential clients and volunteers, conduct match meetings, facilitate and supervise monthly activity groups.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Possess great communication and listening skills
- Be action and goal oriented
- Demonstrate excellent time-management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Hold strong leadership and decision making skills
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Be attentive to details
- Have the ability to independently organize and follow through on multiple tasks and deadlines
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be passionate about working and supporting the community
Examples of Duties (a full description of Job Duties can be supplied upon request or initial interview):
- Run two activity groups on two Wednesday evenings per month and one or two on one Sunday per month including implementation of details related to monthly programs, notification of participants and provision of on-site supervision. Complete match dictation following each event
- Conduct, track and record regular contact with pending, waiting and matched clients and volunteers according to the program supervision schedule
- Provide supervision of assigned caseload/matches which includes support, problem-solving, help to navigate match and program, and information and referrals
- Interview and prepare detailed case summaries of prospective volunteers and clients and recommend appropriateness to participate in program
- Assist in planning, managing and staffing agency and inter-agency events.
- Support Outreach team’s efforts to recruit new volunteers, including representing Friend 2 Friend at community events and information sessions.
- Assist in development and implementation of volunteer training
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor or JBBBS President/CEO
Employment Standards, Qualifications, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field plus 1-2 years’ experience working with people who have disabilities
- Must be a licensed driver with a car and be willing to work 4 evenings per month.
- Ability to work effectively with groups; strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable interfacing with all levels of staff and outside constituents
- Proficient with Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to client and volunteer confidentiality and safety
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
Director, Programs for Adults with Disabilities
Salary: $38,000 -40,000
Send cover letter and resume, via email, to Director, Programs for Adults with Disabilities – subject line “Caseworker” to email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. A more detailed description can be provided upon request or initial interview. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters (JBBS) believes and practices in Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.