At Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Boston (JBBBS), we help to connect children to adult mentors, and we introduce adults who have disabilities to new friends in their communities. JBBBS is an innovative mentoring agency, driven by Jewish values, to serve and empower children and adults of all abilities throughout Greater Boston.
We are proud to be one of the first 12 founding members of the national Big Brothers Big Sisters movement. Big Brothers Big Sisters affiliates are driven by a consistent mission, vision and accountability statement. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Our vision is that all children achieve success in life.
Job Summary: The Clinical Match Specialist (CMS) in our Children’s Program is responsible for interviewing, assessing, matching and supporting the volunteers and children that are matched in the one-to-one mentoring program. The CMS will ensure child safety, promote positive impacts for youth, foster constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and cultivate a strong sense of affiliation with Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Boston on the part of the volunteers.
- Follow up and document all calls and online inquiries to provide program orientation and to determine whether program is a good fit for child and family
Enrollment and Assessment:
- Conduct volunteer enrollment interviews.
- Conduct child and family enrollment interviews.
- Prepare written assessments and recommendations based on interviews of volunteers and children/families.
- Create safe and appropriate match relationships based on a current pool of volunteers and children.
- Conduct Match Introduction Meetings for new matches, match intervention meetings, and other meetings as needed with match parties.
- Conduct regularly scheduled Match Support contacts (either in person or through phone or electronic contact) with the volunteers, children and parents/guardians in order to ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled. Identify and address potential problems and barriers as early as possible.
- Document comprehensive written summaries of all match support contacts in real-time, web-based contact management software, in order to comply with BBBS standards.
- Monitor and meet metrics for enrollment and match support goals for length and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct exit interviews with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match/re-engagement potential and conduct re-assessments accordingly.
- Maintain accurate files and documentation on all volunteers and children/families
- Utilize survey tools to determine child’s growth in the program.
- Support additional projects, as determined in collaboration with supervisor (e.g., mentor training, constituent newsletters, events, etc.)
- Collaborate and share information and resources with other agency staff and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking a candidate with a strong belief in the Mission and Vision of JBBBS, as well as the following:
- Masters degree in social services, human services or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience working with children in a social services environment, and/or understanding of child development and family dynamics
- Assessment, case management and/or relationship development experience with child and adult populations (and preferably with volunteers as well).
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently, to exercise good judgment, make sound decisions & problem solve.
- Collaborative work style with strong interpersonal skills
- A strong commitment to quality and results
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet-based applications
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, state-required auto insurance minimums and willingness to travel as necessitated by job responsibilities.
- Ability and willingness to flex work hours for program event or meeting with constituent (e.g., early evening or a few hours on a weekend).
REPORTS TO: Program Director
BENEFITS PACKAGE: Comprehensive Benefits Package is available
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000-$45,000 based on experience
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.