At JBBBS, we help to connect children to adult mentors, and we introduce adults who have disabilities to new friends in their communities. JBBBS is an innovative mentoring agency, driven by Jewish values, to serve and empower children and adults of all abilities throughout Greater Boston. We are proud to be one of the 12 founding members of the national Big Brothers Big Sisters movement.
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Major Gifts and Endowment and works closely with the Associate Director of Development and Operations. S/he will handle a diverse range of responsibilities to support the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors. The Development Associate will manage key operational aspects of the campaign and fundraising efforts and events throughout the year including the Rodman Ride and upcoming Centennial Jubilee. This is a wonderful opportunity to grow in a role, be a critical member of the Development Team and experience all aspects of a development operation.
This is a particularly exciting time for JBBBS as we are entering into our 100th year anniversary. This presents a tremendous opportunity to celebrate our success and engage donors in a vision for even greater impact for the next century.
● Support all JBBBS’ efforts to grow annual campaign and endowment, working closely with CEO, Director of Major Gifts and Endowment and Assistant Director of Development & Operations.
● Perform report queries, creation of mailing lists for solicitations and process donations in conjunction
● Manage and administer donor acknowledgements, including for online tribute gifts
● Conduct background research on prospects and donors
● Assist in preparing materials for meetings and donor contact; this includes customizing proposal templates, briefing documents, and written correspondence.
● Support the lay leadership, CEO, Director of Major Gifts & Endowment and Assistant Director of Development with personal solicitations and recruitment strategies.
● Coordinate and track all major gift solicitations and follow-up
● Administer stewardship program for donors.
● Coordinate campaign events, which will include small and large community events
● Generate reports and maintain notes on volunteer/staff cultivation, solicitation visits, and fundraising results.
● Maintain the calendar and schedule campaign-related appointments and meetings
● Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
● B.A./B.S. degree
● Two + years of experience in fundraising preferred.
● Excellent computer, writing, and interpersonal skills.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Experience using a donor database and donor research tools preferred.
● Sensitivity to confidential information and the appropriate maturity to exercise discretion.
● Strong work ethic and desire to learn.
● Exceptional organizational skills.
● Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
The Development Associate performs many of his/her essential functions indoors in a small office environment and in the field, interacting with prospective donors at one-on-one and community meetings and special events hosted in the larger Boston community during the week, evenings and on weekends.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to Joan Backman at email@example.com.