Reporting to and in partnership with the President/CEO and working closely with the Development Director and the Boards of Directors of Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters (JBBBS) and of JBBBS’ Endowment, the Director of Major Gifts & Endowment will spearhead major gifts and endowment efforts leading up to and during our 100th year of Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Implement and execute the endowment and major gifts campaign related to the agency’s 100th year, working closely with the Director of Development & Marketing.
- Work with the CEO to design, create and execute a strategy for a comprehensive anniversary campaign to include major gifts to support operations and endowment gifts.
- Ensure the fundraising success of a multifaceted anniversary campaign through the identification of donor prospects, development of cultivation strategies and acquisition of major and endowment gifts to reach established campaign revenue goals from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Establish campaign solicitation priorities, manage prospect lists, prospect research and prospect tracking. Develop and execute cultivation plans and strategies in collaboration with the development team and senior leadership.
- Prepare and provide campaign collateral for solicitations providing guidance and coaching when necessary including being present during solicitations when required.
- Lead on anniversary campaign fundraising efforts to cultivate identified individuals and institutional prospects in order to complete solicitations and/or prepare and submit grant proposals.
- Develop and execute targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies, including meeting requests, meeting follow up and preparation of proposals.
- Solicit major gifts and endowment gifts.
- Devise and direct cultivation and recognition events ensuring donor acknowledgement, stewardship and, as appropriate, public recognition.
- Manage campaign budget tracking and reporting both expenditure and contributed revenue.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, to drive the development of the campaign’s communications and collateral materials, including print, web and social media platforms.
- Direct the process for ensuring all related prospect and donor information is recorded and tracked, and prepare presentations for the CEO and Board of Directors evaluating progress towards goals.
- Oversee the management of all campaign gift correspondence, including timely acknowledgments, pledge payment reminders, pledge agreements and preparing and submitting reports to donors and those required by granting foundations and institutions.
- Oversee process for gift recognition
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Identify new grant funding sources, in collaboration with Director of Development
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Seven-plus years of successful fundraising experience with focus on major gifts and/or endowment campaigns
- Proven track record of successfully securing major gift support, with a focus of completing and closing 6 figure asks.
- Experience of leading and directing major gifts and/or endowment campaigns with the ability to oversee and control campaign budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication and organizational skills, with the capability of developing effective and collegial relationships with peers, executive leadership and board members.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Director of Major Gifts & Endowment performs many of his/her essential functions indoors in a small office environment and in the field, interacting with prospective donors at one-on-one and community meetings and special events hosted in the larger Boston community during the week, during evenings and on weekends.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org.