Thank you for your patience as we have worked to reimagine the “Pick of the Month” program. Some of you may recall that we asked you to share your feedback with us this past Spring in the survey that we sent out which enabled us to better understand how to best meet volunteer needs.
We are pleased to share that we have incorporated this feedback in the updated gift card program which we have aptly named the G.E.M. program or the “Gratitude for Engaged Mentors and Friends”.
Here are some of the features of this new quarterly program:
- Gift cards will no longer be made on a first come, first serve basis. Moving forward, anyone who wants a card at selection time can have one.
- In addition to quarterly selections (November 15th, Feb 15th, May 15th, and August 15th) Matches will receive a choice of a gift card from their social worker when the match is made and at every subsequent match anniversary. Thus you have the potential to receive 6 gift cards a year.
- Each quarter you will receive a choice of an activity, or a food venue. You can select either the activity option, the food venue, or express no preference (if you really have no preference, this will be helpful to us in managing the number of cards we purchase).
- Click on the link below that will bring you to a brief google form that allows you to make your selection. You will have 1 week to respond and make your selection. This way, you will not be shut out if you are not at your computer when the notice first comes out. Lauren Korn, the program coordinator, will then send you the gift card that you select the next week.
- We are paying particular attention to the cards we are procuring, making sure that they cover a wide range of geographic areas, are places that are handicap accessible, and would have food options that matches would be able to select.
- If you could benefit from assistance related to reimbursement for gas or transportation in order to get to your match outings, please let Lauren and/or your social worker/caseworker know.
Once again, thank you so much for your patience as we took the time to find a more equitable and sensitive way to be of assistance and let you know how appreciative of we are of the impact that you have on the lives of your “Littles” and “Friends.” You are our GEMS, and may these gift cards make your match outings just a little bit sweeter. Here is the link for the form: GEM Request Form
AMY CHARTOCK MSW, LICSW
Director of Partnerships and Volunteer Engagement
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 617-558-6534