This is a part time 20 hrs/week position.
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Program Administrator will plan all of the events for our program participants, manage event logistics, communicate with participants as well as provide administrative support for the programs team. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual who embraces the JBBBS mission of providing mentorship for children and adults of all abilities.
- Plan and coordinate event logistics
- Oversee vendor relationships, secure spaces, order food, and obtain related contracts for programs, events and trainings
- Staff key large events where coordination with vendors and assistance with registration is needed
- Communicate information to program participants and other stakeholders
- Manage registrations, produce name tags
- Communicate with program participants
- Manage monthly and ad hoc distributions of gift cards and event tickets
- Maintain inventory and order gift cards/tickets when necessary
- Share information with and follow up as needed with clients, families and volunteers when information is requested by program staff
- Maintaining confidential files
- Manage hard copy and electronic files on volunteers and clients
- Assure that all files are maintained and secured as required according to Massachusetts laws and JBBBS standards of practice
- Process background checks
- Process criminal and private background checks for clients and volunteers
- Administers camp and college scholarships
- Manage application process
- Communicate with families to ensure applications are completed properly
- Organize applications to aid the committees’ decision process
- Notify applicants of decision and maintain proper reporting
- BA (required)
- Two-plus years’ experience in office management.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, project-based planning and communication skills
- Advanced internet research skill set necessary
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Must have a car
- Must be able to work occasional week night and designated Sunday events.
The Program Assistant performs many of his/her essential functions indoors in a small office environment or, in the field, interacting with agency constituents, vendors, and special events hosted in the larger Boston community.
This is a part time 20 hour per week position, with an annual salary of $20,000.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com .