At Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Boston (JBBBS), we help to connect children to adult mentors, and we introduce adults who have disabilities to new friends in their communities. JBBBS is an innovative mentoring agency, driven by Jewish values, to serve and empower children and adults of all abilities throughout Greater Boston.
We are proud to be one of the first 12 founding members of the national Big Brothers Big Sisters movement. Big Brothers Big Sisters affiliates are driven by a consistent mission, vision and accountability statement. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Our vision is that all children achieve success in life.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Assistant will manage event logistics for social groups and other related events for adults with disabilities, support Volunteer engagement efforts, provide direct administrative support for the program director and the programs team. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual who embraces the JBBBS mission of providing mentorship for children and adults of all abilities.
Administrative Assistance for Program Director
- Coordinates meetings and calendars
- Managing travel and events
- Expense reports
- Other administrative support as requested by Program Director
Program Planning and Event Logistics for Adults with Disabilities
- Coordinate program logistics
- Oversee vendor relationships, secure spaces, order food, and obtain related contracts for programs, events and trainings
Manage Supports for Volunteers
- Manage quarterly and ad hoc distributions of gift cards and event tickets
- Maintain inventory and order gift cards/tickets when necessary, holiday gift card distribution
- Manage logistics and distribution of Back to School Supplies for clients
- Process criminal and private background checks
- Conduct Public Domain searches
Management of Client and Volunteer Assessment Paperwork:
- Maintaining confidential files
- Manage hard copy and electronic files on volunteers and clients
- Assure that all files are maintained and secured as required according to Massachusetts laws and JBBBS standards of practice
- Share information with and follow up as needed with clients, families and volunteers when information is requested by program staff
- Provides phone and receptionist support for office on Fridays
- Support additional projects, as determined in collaboration with supervisor
- Collaborate and share information and resources with other agency staff and management
- Other duties as assigned
- BA preferred
- Two-plus years’ experience in office management.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, project-based planning and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with confidential information.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Collaborative workstyle with strong interpersonal skills
- A strong commitment to quality and results
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet-based applications
- Reliable transportation
The Program Assistant performs many of his/her essential functions indoors in a small office environment or, in the field, interacting with agency constituents, vendors, and special events hosted in the larger Boston community.
REPORTS TO: Program Director
BENEFITS PACKAGE: Comprehensive Benefits Package is available
Job Type: Full-time, Position requires presence in office Monday-Friday
Salary: $34,000-$36,000 based on experience
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.