We are currently hiring a full time Social Worker to join our Programs team in screening, matching and supervising matches between volunteers (Big Brothers and Sisters) and children (Little Brothers and Sisters).
• Interviews parent(s)/guardian(s) and child(ren) to complete assessments and determine the need for and appropriateness of requests for service
• Interviews and prepares assessments of prospective volunteers and determines appropriateness to serve as a Big Brother or Sister
• Prepares parent(s)/guardian(s), children and volunteers for matching and assumes responsibility for the supervision of each matched “Big” and “Little”
• Makes real-time updates to information systems and carefully maintains match records
• Position reports to/under discretion of Assistant Director of the Children’s Program and Chief Program Officer
• MSW (LCSW preferred)
• Minimum of two years’ experience in outpatient clinical social services/case management with children and/or adolescents (familiarity with youth mentoring models preferred)
• Experience in mission-driven non-profits (preferred)
• Previous experience organizing and facilitating clinical groups (preferred)
• Strong communication skills including by e-mail, phone and in-person
• Commitment to diversity and cultural sensitivity
• Availability to maintain consistent evening and occasional weekend hours in order to accommodate match meetings and supervise group activities which occur during these times
• Licensed driver with reliable vehicle required
Send cover letter and résumé, via e-mail, to Lisa Cohen, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity and expression, disability or veteran status.