Social Worker – Inclusion Specialist
Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters, one of the nation’s oldest mentoring organizations, transforms lives through friendship. We introduce children to adult mentors, and we match adults who have disabilities to new friends in our Friend 2 Friend Program. In this way, we seek to support and empower individuals and families to engage, to participate actively in the life of their communities, to live inspired and to inspire others.
Reporting directly to Director of Friend 2 Friend and Senior Social Worker.
- Interviews parent(s)/guardian(s,)child(ren) and adult clients to complete assessments and determine the need for, and the appropriateness of the request for service
- Client home visits
- Interviews and prepares assessments of prospective volunteers and determines their appropriateness to serve as an agency volunteer
- Prepares parent(s)/guardian(s), children, client and volunteers for matching and assumes responsibility for the supervision of each matched pair
- Makes real-time updates to information systems and carefully maintains match records
- Runs two Friend 2 Friend activity groups per month, which currently occur on Wednesday evenings, including implementation of details related to monthly programs, notification of participants and provision of on-site supervision.
- Attends staff and departmental meetings
- Leads volunteer (and other) discussion groups on a rotating basis
- Staffs match activity events on select Sundays
- Participates in the planning and execution of all agency wide fundraising and other major events
- Participates in agency and community planning and education
- MSW, Masters in Counseling, M.Ed.
- Two years related work experience with children, adolescents and adults with disabilities (Mentoring field work preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personal vehicle necessary
The Social Worker performs many of his/her essential functions indoors in a small office environment or, in the field, interacting with prospective and existing clients and volunteers, matches and special events hosted in the larger Boston community.
To apply, please send resumes to Lisa@jbbbs.org.