To be considered for vacancies in JBBBS’ Friend 2 Friend Programs, which serve adults with disabilities, the prospective volunteer must be:
- Age 21+ and living or working in Greater Boston;
- Capable of making, at minimum, a year’s commitment to a new Friend;
- Capable of meeting his/her Friend once or twice each month;
- Capable of using personal vehicle or mass transit to meet the Friend for an outing at a designated place and time;
- Willing to submit to volunteer screening process including multiple legal background and driving record checks.
Bear in mind that these are the basic requirements to volunteer. Among other factors, caseworkers consider the prospective volunteer’s motivations, life experiences, personal/professional goals and medical and mental health history in order to make a determination about whether he/she is a right fit, right now, for an adult with disabilities on our Friend 2 Friend roster.
Sound like you? Apply now!