Clinical Match Specialist, Adults with Disabilities
At Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Boston (JBBBS), we help to connect children to adult mentors, and we introduce adults who have disabilities to new friends in their communities. JBBBS is an innovative mentoring agency, driven by Jewish values, to serve and empower children and adults of all abilities throughout Greater Boston.
Job Summary: The Clinical Match Specialist (CMS) in our program for Adults with Disabilities, Friend to Friend, is responsible for interviewing, assessing, matching and supporting the volunteers and clients that are matched in the one-to-one friendship program. The CMS will support and empower individuals and families to participate actively in the life of their communities, to live inspired and to inspire others. The CMS will also cultivate a strong sense of affiliation with Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Boston on the part of clients and their families and volunteers. This CMS position will also lead in the planning and implementation of monthly group activities for our MAGIC program, programs that will both be virtual and in person depending on State regulations regarding larger gatherings during the pandemic.
Enrollment and Assessment:
- Conduct volunteer enrollment interviews.
- Conduct participant/client interviews.
- Prepare written assessments and recommendations based on interviews of volunteers and clients.
- Create safe and appropriate match relationships based on a current pool of volunteers and clients.
- Conduct Match Introduction Meetings for new matches, match intervention meetings, and other meetings as needed with match parties.
- Conduct regularly scheduled Match Support contacts (either in person or through phone or electronic contact) with the volunteers and clients in order to ascertain that the elements of safety, match relationship development, positive client and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled. Identify and address potential problems and barriers as early as possible.
- Document comprehensive written summaries of all match support contacts in web-based contact management software.
- Conduct exit interviews by phone with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match/re-engagement potential and conduct re-assessments accordingly.
Group Planning and Facilitation:
- Planning and coordination of monthly MAGIC groups-both in person or virtual events
- Run one activity group per month, which occur on a weeknight, including planning and implementation of details related to monthly programs, notification of participants and provision of on-site supervision. Complete match support documentation following each event
- Support additional projects, as determined in collaboration with supervisor (e.g., volunteer training, constituent newsletters, events, etc.)
- Collaborate and share information and resources with other agency staff and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking a candidate with a strong belief in the Mission and Vision of JBBBS, as well as the following:
- Masters degree in social services, human services or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience working with adults with disabilities in a social services environment
- Assessment, case management and/or relationship development experience with adult populations (and preferably with volunteers as well).
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently, to exercise good judgment, make sound decisions & problem solve.
- Collaborative workstyle with strong interpersonal skills
- A strong commitment to quality and results
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet-based applications
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, state-required auto insurance minimums and willingness to travel as necessitated by job responsibilities.
- Ability and willingness to flex work hours for program event or meeting with constituent (e.g., early evening or a few hours on a weekend).
- Comfort with working both remotely and in an office based setting
- Must be able to do critical in person work with volunteers and participants
REPORTS TO: Clinical Program Director
BENEFITS PACKAGE: Comprehensive Benefits Package is available
Job Type: 28 hours
Salary: Based on experience
To apply email resume and cover letter to Laura Shulman Brochstein at Laura@JBBBS.org